Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to travel from Perth?
If travelling on Forrest Highway and coming direct to Clover Cottage allow 3 ½ hours travelling time. Why not relax and enjoy the Southwest highway and the country towns on the way? Visit our attractions page and discover some spots to visit on the way down.
What do you need to bring for our stay to be perfect?
The cottages are self contained with your linen and towels provided. The kitchen has all you need with little extras such as cling wrap, alfoil, salt and pepper and oil. From the office you are welcome to borrow gum boots, fishing rods and videos and DVDs.
- Don’t forget to bring some sturdy walking shoes and a warm waterproof jacket.
- Birds are in abundance so bring a pair of binoculars to enjoy the bird life.
- Remember your camera for those special fishing and farm animal moments.
- Trout flies and lures can be purchased at the office, but you may like to bring your own tackle.
- Superb wines can be purchased lacally from our wonderful wineries, but don’t forget the good book!
- You will need rubber soled sport shoes on the grassed tennis court. Remember the tennis rackets and balls!
- In summer months there is always a beach or swimming hole to visit, so don’t forget the bathers and beach towel.
- For the golfing enthusiast Manjimup has an excellent golf course open to the public, so remember the golf clubs.
Can I smoke on the property?
The cottages are smoke free. Smoking is catered for on your verandah, so you can still enjoy the scenery and birdlife. Due to fire risk you are asked not to smoke around the property during summer months. Please dispose of your cigarette butts in containers provided.
Do you have internet access?
Internet access is not yet available at the cottages, but you are welcome to check emails at the office, where free wifi is on offer.
Do you get mobile reception on the property?
There is no clear mobile reception received at Clover Cottage. Testra customers can get enough reception around the top lake to receive and send messages.
Make a Booking
Hear from our guests
What a beautiful location. So peaceful and such a great place to get away from civilisation for a few days. Managed to catch a couple of trout which was fun. A few places to check out while you are down this way: The Wine and Truffle Company. Food was amazing . Also Jarrah Jacks in PEmberton. Top notch beers, food and service. Nothing better than being able to fish throughout the the morning. Visit wineries/restaurant throughout the day and then getting cosy by the fireside with a bottle of shiraz. Sensational place.
Clover Cottage we will be back!!
3- 6th July 2014
Paul and Tara- Perth